About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 28 February 2011

Scotney Castle children's events


 As the weather is so inclement at the moment, I'm looking around for other activites to keep the children amused. I found this activity at Scotney castle and forgot how much I loved and missed the place, despite it being on my doorstep. It appears to be a whole host of activites for children arranged around the theme of 'seeds' and they are free! (apart from your basic admission charge) and run for the whole of March.

Anybody in Kent or Sussex should definitely pay a visit at least once as it's a truly magical location, very hidden like a forgotten world. There is a lovely little rocky grotto, vast landscaped gardens, a stately house and a tumbledown moated castle. I'm sure there's a plethora of information on the internet about the history, so look it up! Spring and Autumn are the best months for the garden in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment