About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Risky planting

I got rather carried away yesterday in the warm spring air, and began some planting of seeds on the plot. This was rather precarious as we could well still have a return of winter which could jeapardise everything. I was counting on my closhes being here by now, but my Kings Seeds order is being rather tardy.

I have planted Amsterdam and Sugarsnax carrots, Spinach (a mistake, I didn't realise how fussy it is compaired to perpetual spinach...) Jetset onion sets and a few parsnips to make up a short row of carrots. Well if it doesn't work, hey ho, start again!

Signs of life: Comfrey
Rhubarb
Strawberry
Digging new raspberry bed
 Progress, right side ready for action

2 comments:

  1. Wow That's brave - our conditions are still too Yukky for outdoor planting so the onions and shallots will start life in the cold greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's probably stupid not brave! I got a bit carried away, I have back-ups under glass just incase it goes very wrong!

    ReplyDelete