About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Birthday buys

So I'm having a birthday this weekend, and this year I asked for money so I could buy some lovely gardening presents for myself (hmmm). This is what I got from the fab Sussex Country Gardener:

A windowsill propergation kit (with heated mat) to start off all those seeds just a little earlier


A copy of the Royal Horticulture Society's 'Grow Your Own Kitchen Garden Year' Jam packed full of marvelous info if you kitchen garden or veg grow on a moderate scale. Tells you what to do when with lots of handy tips along the way. Perfect for this time of year.

A copy of John Harrison's 'The Essential Allotment Guide'. More of a general overview of the allotment as a hobby, with valuable information on every aspect along with a bit of history and perhaps psychology thrown in too! A great bedtime book for dark winter nights.

6 Glen Ample Raspberry canes. Yes I already have about 12 raspberry canes yet to get going properly and I know we may be moving house BUT! Glen Ample are a fabulous variety that produce the BEST flavoured jam, so when I spyed them, I just had to have them.

Sundries, some cow parsley and ox eyed daisy seeds, a pink compost scoop and a pink pair of gardening gloves,

I'm very happy with all my new toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment