About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Seed Inventory

Right here we go:

From Victoriana Seed:

Beetroot 'Burpees Golden'
Broad Bean 'The Sutton'
Celeriac 'Prinz'
Kohl Rabi 'Purple, Green & Giant Mix'
Pea 'Waverex' (Petit Pois)
Chives
Oregano
Parsley 'Italian Giant'
Potato, first earlies 'Sharpe's Express'
Potato, second earlies 'Cosmos'
Potato, early maincrop 'Desiree'
Icelandic & Oriental Poppy Seed Mix

From King's Seeds:
Leek 'Jolant'
Sunflower 'Pacino'
Brussel Sprout 'Red Bull'
Broccoli White Sprouting early
Climbing French Bean 'Cobra'
Tomato 'Sungold'
Courgette 'Early Gem' F1
Courgette 'Jemmer'F1
Winter Squash 'Blue Kuri'
Pumpkin 'Conneticut Field' (for kids)
Carrot Early Nantes (should have been Flakkee, not sure if this is their error)
Lettuce 'Tom Thumb'
Lettuce 'Mixed Leaves'
Cabbage 'Red Drumhead'
Onion 'Golden Bear' F1


I had some other flower seeds from Victoriana, but they are not showing up on the original order, so will have to check in the greenhouse next time!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, that lot should keep you busy :) I like the look of the Wineberry, have you ever tasted them? Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog!
    Keep up the good work. I want to hear about your Asparagus especially, as i'm just getting an area ready for my own crowns to go in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo, no I haven't tasted them, I'm very curious as I cannot imagine what they would be like!

    Thanks Simon, I took am itching to see that first shoot appear! I will keep you posted...

    ReplyDelete