About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Thursday 3 March 2011

Seed progress

15 of 16 of my Sungold tomatoes are up and need potting on. They germinated within 7 days which is pretty good (they were in the propergator)


My other tomatoes are doing well, despite a benevolent attack from an interested todder (Freyja uprooted a couple of plants, and attempted to 'repot' most of my onions in the greenhouse, ho hum!)

Here are the Koralik seedling a few weeks old now. They are only just developing true leaves, I think they took a while to recover from being repotted, and they are in my bathroom extension which is quite cold.


and finally a Coer de bleu seedling, which look much more robust, but I'm presuming they are bigger plants anyway.


Having bought more seed cell trays, I can now get on with planting cabbage, broccoli and beetroot whilst waiting for the celeriac and kohl rabit to germinate.

Forgot to mention that the spinach and carrots are coming up on the allotment, they have been under fleece, so hopefully the will survive. I may have to pop a closh on them at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment