About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Sunshine on the plot

I had to pop to the plot to pick up my fork this afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised to see the sunshine break through the clouds for a few moments. I was also pleased to see the soil was looking distinctly dry, yes the clods were drying in the sun and cold wind. I didn't post any pics after last Tuesday, so I snapped some on my mobile while I was there.

Rear view


Left side. From front to back, new Glen Ample Raspberries, salad bed (kind of sloping/raised bed!), behind that will be the brassica bed, and the black polythene covers what is to be the legumes bed.


Right side. From front to back: strawberry/rhubarb bed. Asparagus bed, behind that, potatoes. Behind that the roots bed (with onions and spinach inbetween) and lastly the autumn and summer raspberries.

1 comment: