About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Thursday 24 March 2011

Taking stock

As you will know from my previous post, I haven't been so well, which has been torment seeing the beautiful weather outside. Today I pottered around the garden looking at spring's progress and sowed a few seeds in the greenhouse while the children played. This seems all the more poignant knowing that we may not be living in this house this time next year, seeing all these plants emerging from their winter sleep for the last time.

But, I feel so much better for having had some sun!

Lilac tree's leaves are bursting their buds


and the magnolia is coming into flower (much later this year)


My rhubarb is springing to life... this was rescued from the dumping ground from the end of my garden, so it isn't doing so bad considering


Morello cherry tree's buds


My daughter busy in her veggie patch


My son cutting the hedge


Even my tomato plants were allowed out to see some sun!


Amazing the progress this warm week has made in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment