About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Plot update


Left: I have added two rows of potatoes in between the raspberries, beyond that I have roughly dug a new bed, not sure what for yet! past that is my 3 sisters bed, beans squash and sweetcorn.
Right: Broccoli has been netted


Looking from the back of the plot (from someone's overgrown site)


From back to front on the left: Broad beans, peas, franchi beans, dwarf beans, berlotti beans.


This is my kiddy area, originally I had a bed dug here just for Hugh, but I've moved that elsewhere now. I've planted some salad crops, carrots and beetroot, and since put tomatoes at the back (not shown here)

Can't wait for it to look a lot greener than it does now, and for all my wildflowers to grow - if it's even a smidgeon of what dad's plot looked like I will be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment