About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 14 June 2010

A break through?

It was only at the weekend I realised it had been ages since Hugh had thrown a full blown tantrum, could it be true that he's finally got past the worst of the 'terrible two's'? If yes it will be a huge relief. I went through a period of desperation a few months back when everything I said was met with resistance, and with Freyja being too young to understand anything I felt really useless and wondered when it would ever get better. Thank goodness it has, and I can honestly say they are become a delight, rather than a chore to look after. I'm hoping that Freyja will not suffer with the TT so much as Hugh has, I have high hopes as her language skills are way ahead of Hugh's at the same age. Freyja is now almost parroting most words that I say which is lovely as I recall my frustration and worry when Hugh didn't barely utter a word until nearly 2 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment