About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 5 June 2010

Arts Hut Herstmonceux

For a while now, I've been passing this relatively new gallery in Herstmonceux (where I grew up). It was previously a sweet factory owned by one of my sister's friends, and a beautiful building which I've always looked at and thought 'ooh what a great shop/studio space'. Looks like someone else thought so too! as that's now what it is. I feel sad and happy this has been taken over for this reason, in equal measure. Sad that I didn't get around to it, and pleased someone has made a good use of the building without it having to become another estate agents of empty cafe.

Anyway, the lady who owns it is exhibiting as part of the South East open studios for artists project. Check our her blog here and website here. The also house a graphic design studio called the Electric Pencil where I found this great designer and illustrator, Nina Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment