About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 27 June 2010

New bed

In my last post from the allotment, I mentioned digging a new bed. Well I decided to make it into a hotchpotch bed of chillis, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce and beetroot. I was thinking, since it's so hot at the moment, the chillis may do quite well, and like a good sunny site like the tomatoes. The tomatoes are a bush variety with small cherry sized fruits that are in flower already, they were donated from my mum who planted enough seed to supply the south of England with tomatoes for a week! At the back of this bed I have planted 9 cauliflower seedlings. I've never grown brassica before, so this will be a real test for me, I've read they can be a bit of a labour of love due to their long growing season, they need lots of tlc. They are well netted so fingers crossed they will do ok.

1 comment: