About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Friday 11 June 2010

Elderflower Cordial

I noticed that the Elderflowers are now out in our area. I'm going to make some cordial this year. Found this recipe on the allotment.org forum:


Tastes like summer!

You'll need:

A kilo of sugar; a zested, sliced and diced lemon; citric acid or more lemon; 2 litres of hot water; sterile bottles; muslin; about 20 elderflower bracts, sorted for insects but not washed!

Dissolve the sugar in the boiled water, add the lemon, stir thoroughly, add the elderflowers.  

Cover with cloth, leave for 3-4 days in a cool place, stirring 2x daily.

Strain through the muslin.

Bottle and refrigerate, or freeze. 

Will keep for about 6 months in the bottle, or ages in the freezer.  Lovely in summertime with fizzy or plain water as a cooling drink, or in winter with hot water

No comments:

Post a Comment