About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 12 June 2010

Picking Bounty

Got down the allotment today for a sizeable chunk of time, about 4 hours, but didn't get much done apart from prepare one new bed, it's quite exciting though as it's the only bit of the allotment I haven't really planned for. So I could put anything there, it's like being given a blank sheet of paper again, there is something more pleasing in that than carrying out steps on a long preconceived scheme. One part of it is actually set aside as a garden for Hugh, he can do what he likes there, probably just dig with his toys knowing him, but I'm going to try and encourage him to grow something there.


It's next to the kids bean shelter, so should tie in well with that area. Around the edge I've scattered some wild flower seeds, and there's a giant sunflower growing well (in shot).

I was also pleased to be able to leave with a small bounty, two lettuces and a handfull of broad bean pod which I will cook up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It is just beginning to be the time to reap rewards isn't it? - we are picking self sown lettuces that have appeared between the parsnips

    ReplyDelete