About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 29 March 2010

What do you remember?

I often try to think back what my first memory was and now I have children wonder what theirs will be. At the moment Hugh has a few 'themes' he repeats endlessly, I wonder if he'll remember them when he's older? One being an incident when one weekend we noticed his nether regions were a bit sore and needed the attention of a doctor. Due to it being the weekend this meant a trip to A&E, yes every parents delight, so I sent Mike to duty his fatherly duty! I turned out all was fine and not needing further attention, so Mike decided to go and wash the car, Hugh is particularly fascinated with automated car washes, but every time we put him through, he gets very upset and scared, so it's a love hate relationship. After that day, Hugh often gibbers something about daddy, doctors and car washes! Recently we took a trip to see my friend in Wales, who has a little boy the same age as Hugh, called Alfie. When we got there Hugh broke out in chicken pox, so he also recounts, Wales, Alfie, Chicken pox and Castle (a day trip we took) It's so interesting seeing their minds develop!

No comments:

Post a Comment