About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Thursday 4 March 2010

Haven't got much to say today

But I wanted to post as we'll be off to Wales this weekend to visit my friend Beth. I'm also very exhausted after taking the kids to Jumping Beans after doing a power shop in Sainsburys at the crack of dawn. It's beautifully sunny again, but with a biting cold wind. I got Hugh's Bob the Builder coat yesterday (ebay) and he's very pleased with it, and has had many comments from my friend's children. It's the kind of thing I would have snottily turned my nose up against in my former child days, but they wear you down and you end up buying them things you know will make them happy! Hugh loves receiving packages from ebay, as very often they are wrapped in brown paper so he sees them as presents. There's nothing better for him to know the postman has brought him a little package with a t-shirt or book in it, it's very sweet. I should get him into posting cards and letter really.

I'm signing off to make potato pancakes with beetroot salad and salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment