About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Sh(aching) all over

Had a good weekend. After the news about our house we feel buoyed up and positive about everything really. Plus the clocks have gone forward, this can only mean one thing! more time in the garden!! (Mike groans)

So this morning I headed to the plot to get something planted at last. I spent a good couple of hours weeding again and then thought, enough! I have to plant something, anything, just something which isn't weeding. I have one trillion bits of couch grass to remove and it's like some kind of mental and physical torture. Anyway, back to the point, I prepared and planted some first earlies, Pentland Javelins, not all of them, I've saved some for home as an experiment to see which grow fastest, I will plant some tomorrow here. Then on a buzz, I thought, hey what the hell, let's get those broad beans in, they were already outgrowing their pots, having been potted up once and have been in the cold greenhouse, so shouldn't be too shocked by the ground outside. I feel so much better having done that. Look at my lovely plot now, I'm in love with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment