About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 21 March 2010

Beautiful afternoon

What a wonderful feeling to have warm sun on your face, strolling down a country lane with a blue sky and green shoots peeping through.





Hugh turned a corner today, and seems to be keeping food down at last (he's been ill with a bug these past two days) so finally we can look at getting back to some semblance of normality after all the ills of late. As life has been on hold, I've not been able to plan beyond a few hours, so we haven't done much this weekend, also it rained heavily yesterday so not much to do anyway!

Mike has just come on and dampened my spirit by saying he thinks he's found a chicken pox spot on Freyja's back, oh great, just when I was full of the joys of spring, and the end of our 3 week period of ill health *sigh* I thought she was past the incubation phase, but maybe not  :(

Anyway I had a lovely afternoon on the allotment, it was very busy indeed. A chap was rotivating a plot next to mine for a family with two young girls, they came along later to do a bit of weeding and have a chat. They really are first timers and don't have much idea of what to do at all, so I offered my help if I can give any! Then Vika turned up, who've I've met before (she has a boy the same age as Hugh) and we had a great time having chats while weeding and digging, it's amazing what you can cover in a couple of hours! Lastly the councillor was walking her dog so popped in the check on progress. It turns out that plot next to mine on the other side has been wrongly allocated and she will have to be evicted, also she's erected a shed without permission, (they need planning permission in our area for that) I can't imagine how annoyed she will be when told that she's on the wrong plot having rotivated it, planted raspberry canes and put up a shed and apple tree. Oh dear.

2 comments:

  1. Poor woman - surely they can let her stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's from another parish and has to pay more for her plot, it took a long political wrangle for her to get it too, so she must be peeved!

    ReplyDelete