About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 8 March 2010

Wales and Chicken pox

So I am writing from our new Sony Vaio on our new internet connection, it means we can now upload photos much quicker, watch tv online and generally be a bit more up to date all round (I'm looking forward to the home movies). It does mean I've not got any music or photos on this laptop, so it may be a while before I can post with images.

Onto business, Mike and I had a lovely trip to Wales to visit my friend who lives near Chepstow. She has a little boy the same age as Hugh so it was handy that they could play together and take some of the pressure off entertaining the little mites. Unfortunately on Sunday Hugh broke out in a rash that appeared to be chicken pox, so he was a little poorly from that point on. Despite that we had a great time catching up over wine and dinners.

Now we are home Hugh seems a bit worse and isn't sleeping well at all. It's the first significant illness he's had and I feel terribly for him with all the itching and discomfort. There isn't much we can do but apply Calamine lotion and wait for it to fade. I suppose Freyja will have it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment