About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 15 March 2010

Feeling Rotten

I should be glowing from being spoilt on mother's day, but I have come down with tonsilitis and feel very miserable indeed. I feel so rotten I've had to ask Mike to take a day off work to look after Freyja (mum had Hugh). All I've felt like doing is roll around in bed and moan (and not in a good way!) Enough of my misery.
Mike and I have been having a daydream of moving to the coast, first of all it was Hastings (as you can pick up a 7 bed mansion in the region of £250,000) and now Eastbourne. Hastings is a bit dodgy and has the worst schools in England, so possibly a bit of a gamble hoping they might pick up by the time H and F go to secondary school! We would have to give up the dream of the kids going to grammer school though which is a bit disappointing....listen to me, I've moved already!

I'm so damn annoyed to be ill when the weather has finally turned so good. I did go out to the greenhouse to plant some seeds, so now have tomatoes, chillis, sweet peas and carrots on the go. I've put the carrots in plug pots so hopefully I can plant them straight into the ground without disturbing the roots.

On Saturday I had managed to dig the plot a bit more, but it was so difficult, I ended up ill! I pulled out 6 bin bags of weeds in two 3x2m patches, so you can see the kind of challenge I have in store.

Bye for now, and fingers crossed for healthy tonsils tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment