About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Freyja's hair and crawling

I love it now Freyja is growing up into a toddler, and is sporting a crop of hair now. She's going to be quite dark when she grows up if it this colour now. My hair was ash blonde, almost white when I was her age, and now it's a dark blonde.

Freyja is almost crawling! She's mastered the backward shuffle and keeps finding herself wedged up against walls and stuck under chairs...must be annoying for her. She also seems very keen to pull herself up when on my lap. Her laugh is becoming more pronounced, and it's definitely quite deep throated and 'dirty' as my mum said!!

She's developed an annoying habit of scratching her forehead in her sleep as some kind of comforting motion. As a result she's always scabby and bloody in the morning and looks like she's done ten rounds with Mike Tyson. Tonight I've put her hands in some socks to try and tempt her away from doing it, needless to say she was quite upset when she couldn't scratch away, but sometimes mum knows best.



No comments:

Post a Comment