About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 27 March 2010

Scaffolding planks and netting

It seems almost impossible to pick up scaffolding planks for free, I will take anything and collect them, but cannot find anything on freecycle. I did find some wood on a fire pile the other day on the walk to the allotment, but it's in such a position I can't collect them by car, or carry them by hand which is a pain as they would be perfect.

As for netting, that's really expensive too! I have resorted to buying net curtain material on ebay to protect my seedlings. I'm looking to make some kind of frame to put over my plants to stop the pigeons which always seem to be pecking at something when I arrive. I haven't actually planted anything on the plot yet, but I'm planning all this in anticipation of planting imminently, like tomorrow! My fruit cage is still unfinished, just four posts standing there. Never mind, it will get done eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! If you're looking for some used scaffold or scaffold information - check out my website at http://usedscaffold.net

    ReplyDelete