About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Wednesday 24 March 2010

A collection of oddments



Wednesdays are always nice for me as Hugh goes to nursery early, which sets me up for the day. I'm ready to go, dressed etc by before 9am, which isn't a common occurance in the Warren house! Today I went straight to town with Freyja, only to pick up some mundane bits and bobs, but I still managed to get to the library and pick up some gardening themed books. I was really there to find some toddler taming books but they had moved the section and I didn't have time to find it as my parking ticket was running out. Saying that Hugh has been much better today, and more willing to eat so I'm putting his previous behaviour down to feeling poorly.

Whilst the kids were sleeping after lunch, I was able to get into the greenhouse and pot up my broad beans and peas, they are really taking off and have great root systems going on. I'm going to have to review what needs to be done next on the growing shedule as I feel like I've lost track completely.

1 comment: