About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 23 May 2011

Reflection

I've been absent for a while as I mentioned before, we have just moved house. We are now in temporary accomodation until we find a permanent family home down in Eastbourne. I think I did underestimate a little the amount of work involved in moving house and garden after 5 years, as previously I had moved every year for 10 years (! yes) and though it was relatively straight forward. Anyway, it did mean a mass evacuation of all plants from my greenhouse, and a very speedy evaluation of what was so tender it couldn't survive on the plot for a couple of weeks before being planted. This was quite a short list and consisted mainly of squashes/cucurbits, sunflowers, sweetcorn and some spare french beans, oh and not forgetting my beloved celeriac that seems to wince if I even water it in anything under 20C!.

Anyway, it's a sad sight, seeing my garden like this after many happy years growing flowers/fruit/veg and of course children ....

No comments:

Post a Comment