About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 7 May 2011

Moving house.....and allotments?

So we will be finally moving house in 10 days time. We are staying temporarily at my parents while we take time to look for our new abode in Eastbourne, hopefully in the Old Town Area. I will keep my allotment at Furnace Lane for the remainder of this year, but it does mean vacating next April, which is a little sad. Although always the optimist, I have had my eye on potential new sites in Eastbourne and there are some fantastic ones in Motcombe gardens that have tumble down flint walls and views of the sea! I'm thinking that chalky soil will be better for carrots...

2 comments:

  1. No problem with our carrots on clay soil!

    Is there a long waiting list for allotments in your new area though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what the waiting list is like as I'm not sure I can apply until we actually move there, but I will start to make some enquiries as soon as we get there. Hopefully it won't be too long!

    ReplyDelete