About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Friday 6 May 2011

Ladies day and a celebration

Life has been slightly on hold this past week with lots of telephone tennis with estate agents and solicitors trying to finalise the details of our house sale. Finally today we exchanged contracts and have a moving date of 18th May. This is fantastic news as we've been trying to move for over a year now.

Before I had received this good news, I wanted to distance myself slightly from the events, so I decided to take my daughter for a ladies excursion to Sissinghurst. I'm very fortunate to have this fantastic inspirational garden of Vita Sackville West on my doorstep and will miss being able to visit so easily once I've moved down to the coast. Being with my daughter meant any detailed observations of planting schemes and plant varieties was almost impossible. I was able to take a few quick snaps to give an overall impression, and visit the newish vegetable garden which had just opened for this year.


Euphorbia


Clematis montana


Meadow with Wisteria in background


Poppies




2 comments:

  1. wOoP wooP for exchange and move date:
    gorgeous photos:
    really love that red euphorbia, unusual:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Euphorbia is lovely isn't it, I think it's 'Fireglow'. It looked great against the brickwork and yellow grasses.
    Thanks for the congrats, can't wait to get moving now!

    ReplyDelete