About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 9 May 2011

Creamed spinach

Last night after a frenzied session of weeding, I thought it was high time I picked something from the plot. I chose a couple of lettuces, some spinach and spring onions. Given that my children are not great fans of lettuce, I thought I'd try to cream some spinach based on a recipe in Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's Year at River Cottage book. Sadly the book has been packed away in the house moving gubbins, so here's my version.


Creamed spring spinach

15grams butter
2-3 large handfulls of spinach finely chopped
10ml cream
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
a small squeeze of lemon

Melt the butter and sweat the spinach in a heavy based saucepan with a lid on for 5-10 mins until very soft. Take off the heat and add the cream, nutmeg, lemon juice and seasoning. Taste to adjust.

Just lovely!


Sadly my children didn't think so



No comments:

Post a Comment