About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 23 May 2011

Frenzy

The only word I can think of to describe my last couple of visits to the plot is a 'frenzy'. I have mountains of plants to put in from my greenhouse (see previous post) and I'm fast becoming immobile due to a very large baby bump protruding from my tummy. The time is approaching that I will have to step back for a month or so and reflect on my work done so far, and concentrate on the arrival of my new baby.


To top it all off it's the time of year when everything is growing like mad, mostly weeds, that need constant attention, and I'm so reluctant to leave my little babies (plants) alone to fend for themselves in a sea of thistles. Yesterday I cleared 5 small trugs of thistle seedlings, now a thistle seedling is not quite like any other seedling, it is big and comes with a tap root that has to be completely disposed of). Anyway this isn't leaving me much time to enjoy the best bits of having an allotment at this time of year. But there are some, like my peas flowering!



2 comments: