About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 18 April 2011

Plot at dusk

I stayed on the plot to almost 9pm last night, couldn't believe it will still light, perhaps the clear skies and full moon had something to do with it. It felt very balmy too, the forecast says we are almost 10C above average for this time of year, amazing! I have good news on the water issue, we are connected, yeay! A tap has been installed about 20 metres away in the adjoining field which fills a cattle trough, the pressure isn't great enough to use a hose to our plots yet, but that will be rectified apparently and any water is better than none in my book. So I've given everything a good soaking so am hoping for some good growth from seeds and plants already in.

Here are a few mobile pics from the plot, showing the greenery starting to show



Quite different from the same view a month ago

Radishes, spinach and lettuce


Sweet peas and nasturtiums


2 comments:

  1. We have had to water our plot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully we'll get some thundery showers over the weekend

    ReplyDelete