About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 16 April 2011

No room in the greenhouse

It's fast approaching the time when there is no room left for any more plants in the greenhouse.


 Despite my tidy up this January, everythings seems to be stacked on top of each other again, and the mower is piled up with tubs, pots and boxes, which have to be de-stacked everytime we mow the grass. There is of course no remedy for this until things are planted out, and I blindly continue to plant seeds and put them in my bathroom! I am determined not to have large gluts of things this year so have been sowing little and often, but that does mean lots of space is required. There really isn't much to plant out on my plot at the moment as I'm waiting for the tender plants to be ready in a month or so, such as the courgettes, squashes, sweetcorn, french beans, runner beans etc.

While I'm talking about the greenhouse, I have posted some pics below of the progress so far.

Red Onions


Tomatoes


Courgettes

2 comments:

  1. That's a busy looking greenhouse with loads of healthy looking plants. My courgettes haven't germinated yet, so you're well ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind, but I'm now panicking a bit having seen your bounty and wondering if I need to plant some more!! I'll have pot up the courgettes soon as they can't go out on the plot for at least a month, same with tomatoes so you probably have plenty of time :)

    ReplyDelete