About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 3 May 2010

Rushed update of jobs done today

I went a bit balistic in the garden this evening. I thought 'I've got to plant more seed' as it's May and it's fast approaching the time when it's too late to get a crop of things like tomatoes, squash, sweetcorn etc as they need a longish season. So a super quick fire list here of things planted in the greenhouse:

Meraviglia di Venezia Yellow Beans
Minette Basil
Chives
Oregano
Sweetcorn
Wild/Alpine Strawberry
Lupin
Sweet Williams
Cornflower Blackberry Fizz
Dwarf Aster
Brompton Stock
Potted up Chilli and brought them inside (chilly nights here)
Brought in some tomatoes, nicotiana and sweetcorn

Planted in my veg patch are
Radishes
Carrots (in a fetching circular formation, hopefully to be flanked by sweet peas eventually)

Phew, what a mammoth planting session, I feel very virtious now, apart from forgetting to do my online food shop, I think I did really rather well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment