About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 1 May 2010

As my dad would say...Odds and (*)odds

I haven't been posting much this month, as I've been concentrating on the house. I've decided to rest a bit, as we've had the house on the market for about 10 days now and not one jot of interest. The agent said it's early days, but now I'm wondering whether we have done the right thing? I'll hold off till after the election, if it's the same situation after 3 weeks, we may have to drop the price. Even though we've been planning this for a while, it still felt almost like an invasion of privacy when the 'For Sale' went up.


We have enjoyed a couple of lovely sunny weekends, a rare treat since the winter. Last weekend we took a trip to Hasting, had fish and chips on the beach and a walk along the seafront. Hugh loved the trampolines, and desperately wanted a go on the crazy golf, but we had to save that for next time as it was getting cold at that point. It makes me even more certain that our planned moved to the coast will be the most wonderful life.



Lots of time has been spent in the garden, I've cleared the patch under our giant conifer, covered with bark and made a rudimentary seating area (pic to follow) I'm really looking forward to Freyja's party as I've bought most of the decorations, and have planned to have fairy/cupcakes and sandwiches with tea and Pimms for the grown ups. The kids (mostly boys Hugh's age) can play on the assault course, bash the pinata, and I may do some games like pin the tail on the donkey and pass the parcel. If I can find a cheapish bouncy castle I may get one too. Here's a pic of Freyja enjoying her Mr Men sunglasses




No comments:

Post a Comment