About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 21 November 2009

Winter's walk

Today I felt terrible. I have something wrong with me I don't know what. I think it might be a virus, or general stress related fatigue. My whole body aches and my head throbs - it's been getting progressively worse over the past few days. Mike took the kids out for the afternoon, so I thought I'd spend the time going for a gentle walk with my camera. I love being in the countryside, especially on miserable winter days I can always find something lovely to look at. Today I played with the tripod I picked up from my parent's house last week, so I could try long exposures. It really meant just being able to capture some colour on such a dull day. When I was returning home, fish in a pond started jumping, so I stopped to try and capture it. Unfortunately I didn't before it got too dark, but I got some atmospheric shots in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment