About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Thursday 19 November 2009

Back to basics

I'm starting a new blog and here it is. It's kind of in secret as my other one is too well known and I would rather this was a more personal diary - well the kind of diary that is seen by millions of anonymous people!

It's just for me, and my family, memories and kids.

I feel like this as my dad died last month, quite suddenly from an aortic aneurysm. He died on a Tuesday, the previous Thursday we had been happily celebrating my son Hugh's 2nd birthday at my parents house. Then he was gone, kaput, the light snuffed out. It's so strange when someone dies like that, you feel cheated, alone and bereft.

So I guess part of this blog will be about coping with his death, and coping with two babies in the process (very hard right now) A toddler who's entering the 'terrible two's' and a 6 month old who's striving for independence. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment