About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 30 November 2009

Rain rain go away

The rain is just ridiculous now.
We had a relatively dry October, I remember before Dad's funeral thinking I really hope the weather holds as I would hate to see him buried in the driving wind and rain, and it held. Fortunately it was unseasonably warm, and the autumn colours were beautiful. But whatever has been held back is now gushing forth! (gushing is such a great word!!) I'm actually slightly worried that we may be flooded as the field opposite has turned into a lake, and is fast encroaching on my car. If it reaches the road it will flow over it and into our front garden, and well, into the house. This is all down to the council's fault for not repairing the drainage ditch on that stretch of road/hedgrow, as they are responsible for it, not the property opposite. We shall watch and see, and start making sand bags if it looks bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment