About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Thursday 26 November 2009

First night of freedom

A few weeks back I attempted to put Freyja in with Hugh to sleep together. It worked fine when Hugh was away, but on his return she awoke at 4am and I was stressing for an hour over what to do 'omg, do I get the travel cot out of the shed?' Anyway after after the panic, I decided she should return to our bedroom for a while longer. Now she's well rid of her dummy (ditched about 2 weeks ago) and less snotty at night, I tried again - and it worked! Hugh didn't seem bothered either, which amazes me. It's so wierd looking in on them together side by side, like they are subconciously supporting one another. There's also the upside, the return of our bedroom at last, which means we don't need to creep in at 10pm and dive into bed for fear of waking her up. There's also access to the computer and a nice cosy chair to read in at leisure, it hasn't come too soon as the tv has been so rubbish lately. Ah bliss, a little chink of our pre-baby life returns, I have decided that I'm just one of those people that needs their own space!

No comments:

Post a Comment