About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 10 April 2010

Spring fever

An up and down day. We spent the large part crazily running around trying to tidy the house and garden for the arrival of the estate agent for another valuation. I feel a bit sorry for the kids this week as they've definitely been sidelined while I put the house in order, well I justify their neglect with the promise of a bigger house - more space and happier mum!!

Hugh has been fighting another lurgy, yesterday his temperature rocketed in the evening to over 39.5C I was really worried, then it dropped just as quickly and he seemed fine today, if a little whingy. Tonight though, his temperature was very high again, and pulse very rapid so I thought it best that he go to A&E. Why is it always on a Saturday night? Anyway Mike is there with him now, while I mind Freyja at home, I was worried sick, but having just called him, I'm slightly reassured as Hugh was chatting on the phone and didn't seem too bad. Poor lamb, it makes you appreciate modern medicine when they are ill like that, I cannot imagine the pain and heartache mother's suffered in the past when children got ill.

Returning to the estate agent, he gave us good news, a valuation that meant we would be able to move if we could achieve that price. I'm not sure we will go with that particular agent as he seemed a bit green in his approach. We have made our decision who to market us, we just need to inform our bank about the mortgage, then it's all go!!

It was the Grand National today, a great tradition between my dad and I. He put a bet on Red Rum when we were little and won quite a lot of money, from thereon in it became a family tradition for us to have a bet each on the National. I was kind of hoping Dad would impart some knowledge to me from the heavens, but no, I won nothing today.

Here are some photos I took of the house looking nice, and garden too. Good to see the grass mown at last.






No comments:

Post a Comment