About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Easter

This is a resurrected draft about Easter....

I've been quite busy since we have decide to market our house, we haven't done so yet as such, but we are frantically doing DIY before making the call. This is why I'm now woefully behind on my allotment planting scheme and blogging, but our house and LIFE comes first!

In the meantime we also had Easter, and a lovely one too. Mike and I went to visit the gramps in Berko over Friday to Sunday. Luckily we were given a day off from the kids on Sat, and spent a glorious afternoon in the pub, (Alford Arms, great place) eating superb food, then having a walk in the sunshine. Shame I was a bit hungover, otherwise it would have been truly perfect.



On Sunday we had the traditional Easter egg hunt and brunch of scrambled eggs and croissants, sounds terribly pretentious but we did! and Hugh managed to chomp his way through a whole easter egg. I think he understands chocolate this year :) Freyja had her first chocolate too and not suprisingly approved. Hugh left very dismayed and has been mumbling longingly Granny penna, grampa for a few days since.



Monday, we headed over to my folks for much the same, a big meal (yes another) followed by a rather shambling egg hunt, that involved Hugh's cousin Billy hiding a couple of eggs a bit too well (in his grumpy teenage fashion) and Hugh fumbling around not really getting the idea. I think he had chocolate egg fatigue by this point, if that is possible at his age. I have to say I missed dad, it's getting easier, but there's always that void where his booming voice and presence would be. I popped up to see his grave in the glorious sunshine. It would have been perfect had the wind not been whipping around the church so much. At least the daffs are out in their full glory now, and the flowers have overcome the constant munching from the rabbits. I definitely felt a lot closer to dad this time, and had an internal dialogue with him that felt like he was watching from over my shoulder and telling me about the view and flowers. I felt reassured and comforted. Here is the posy I made for his grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment