About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Friday 23 April 2010

Freyja's 1st birthday

As Freyja's first birthday approaches (16th May) I'm wondering whether to go ahead and give her a party in the garden. I've been put off up till now with the prospect of bad weather, as our garden is huge and can host many, our house is tiny and can host, well a bout 3 people!! and parking is bad here too. I know, it shouldn't put me off. So I'm going to compromise I think and have family and a couple of friends. So now I'm onto wondering what kind of theme to have. I originally thought a madhatters tea party, then Mike said no, too freaky. Then I thought 'fairytale' and then thought, hmm to try hard and topical. I came across the idea of a bird themed party at  Bambino goodies and thought it was a great idea, as it suited the spring garden and also tied in nicely with my dad's love of birds (as we will also be remembering him, his birthday would be on the 17th). There are so many lovely things out there for children's parties now it's hard to know where to start. I love this garland, flowers I know but would tie in well with the idea. Then I came across this delightful bird garland although way too expensive for me, but it I have been inspired to think of a way to make it at home, with a potato cutter? Heals is also apparently good for party style decorations, like these windmills, very colourful and quite reasonable. As for the cake? it has to be this owl cake, simple but cheeky! and the dreaded party bags, I love this idea of design your own bag, on a simple cotton number.

1 comment:

  1. Day before my birthday - not the first one I'm afraid. Wonder if I'll get a party in the garden!

    ReplyDelete