About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 27 February 2010

Mucking about

Feeling really drained today, both physically and emotionally. Yesterday we went to Mike's grandfather's funeral. I had totally underestimated how much it would upset me, since dad dying. I got really emotional when the hearse arrived carrying the coffin, it may as well have been my dad. Then I felt so guilty that I wasn't being upset purely for Philip but actually for myself losing dad, and felt terribly selfish. I know that I was being empathetic to those feeling the same way as I had, like Mike's mum, but I suddenly felt so hollow and lonely about it all, it was awful. I know in time these sudden pangs will fade a little, but I will never stop missing my dad, even though I feel he is still with me.

As well as this, I'm still suffering with this cold, now with a cough that tickles everytime my head hits the pillow, so I haven't been sleeping so well. It makes me mad as all I want to do is get outside, to feel well and spring to arrive. I'm sure everyone feels similar at the end of winter.

Today my manure is being delivered to the allotment! I'm going down to 'receive' it, and am actually excited as it means the beginning of the growing season for me. Once it's in I can start planting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment