About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Allotment blogs

I've found myself scouring the web for allotment blogs lately, in those in-between moments between digging and planting, I'm wanting to soak up as much info and advice as I can lay my hands on. This blog from Crocus has some good tips for veg growing, but I'd love suggestions of more if anyone can?

I also picked up a couple of books from the library that are surprisingly good. Admittedly I grabbed them in the rush because they both had 'allotment' in the title, but it appears I have done rather well. They are Allotment Folk by Chris Opperman and Allotment Gardening by Bridgette Saunders the latter being more of a practical guide and the former an insight into a collection of allotmenteers and their reasons behind taking on a plot (some nice fireside reading if you're a keen gardener)

No comments:

Post a Comment