About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 28 February 2010

A last minute trip to Hastings

Today was supposed to be a right off weather wise, so we were planning to batton down the hatches, with a possible mercy mission to the shops to buy a laptop if the kids were getting housebound. But it turns out this storm bypassed us and hit France instead, so we decided as we couldn't be bothered to cook we would drive down to the coast and get fish and chips in a cafe. Hugh was totally made up with this, saying mummy and daddy, seaside, fish and chips and mayonnaise all the way home. I took some pictures as I love the sinister nature of the out of season attractions. There was a lovely sunset too on our walk back to the car, in all it was one of those lovely unplanned trips that turns out to be a great way to end a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment