About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Allotment Fear

I'm worried I've taken on too much and my life is becoming a bit unorganised. Some of my precious evening time is now spent at the gym and organising the allotment, which means I generally don't plan my days very well and the housework is slipping behind. Now today is my 'day off' without Hugh and I find myself paralysed but not knowing where to start tidying up as it's all such a mess. Ho hum. I'll start in one corner and see where it leads me!

All of the allotment things I ordered have arrived, a square wooden composter, seeds and seed potatoes, a new trowel, some horseradish, some weed suppressing matting (from which I will make the central path on my patch), a water carrying inflatable bag, erm and I think that's it. I just need some fruit bushes, a few other bits and bobs like a water butt and some rhubarb I think. I need to get the digging finished down there and then get some manure dug in to settle for a few weeks. Then I'll do some hard landscaping, lay my path, put the compost heap up and I should be ready for action! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment