About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 21 February 2010

Hope

I've read a lot in gardening related blogs about hope today. Many comments whimsically looking back at their gardens when in full bloom, or looking at shoots appearing from the ground. I can understand it, I've just about reaches the end of my patience of rain, sleet and dark days stuck in the cottage. I yearn for those warm afternoon hours in spring, the smell of the mud and sap rising with a mug of tea just sighing and wishing for summer. Well it's not far off now, and if you're a gardener that's what it's all about.

 

I planted these for dad's grave initially, I can't even remember what they are now. I have also a pot of these on his grave, but I haven't visited it for a few weeks now so I'm not sure how they are doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment