About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 6 December 2009

Trip to Berko

We had a great weekend away, just what I needed actually. My back is much better, the kids have been well behaved and we also had a chance to go out for a drink on Saturday night, what more could I ask for! On Saturday afternoon after driving up, we collected Mike's dad and drove to a village Christmas jumble sale, with a visit from Father Christmas himself (albeit a very young and unconvincing version, although he arrived on a very cute pony and trap). So both Freyja and Hugh received their first 'official' gift from Father Christmas, a box of Maltesers, which it had to be said were mostly devoured by us (guilty, shameful faces). We picked up a load of pressies there too as the lady on the toy stall was virtually throwing them at me for free! A mince pie and cup of tea later, and I'm all set for the festive season to begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment