About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Frosty turn

This morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. It had been a very hard frost, so much so I had to run the car for five minutes just to melt the crystals on the inside of the windscreen, this was only after I had poured boiling water over the door locks to get in! I wanted to take a piccy but I didn't have time so you'll have to make do with the ones I took yesterday on our winter walk down to the river.

Even in the middle of winter you can find a splash of colour:





Sunset over our house (reminds of the original opening sequence of the Snowman):



It was so cold the frost hadn't melted in the shade by late afternoon:

 



No comments:

Post a Comment