About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Friday 25 December 2009

Merry Christmas

Well here I am at Christmas day, with very mixed emotions, my Freyja's first Christmas, and my first Christmas without dad. I had to say it was quite a strained day, there were no tears, but it was evident the family felt strange in it's new order.

Yesterday I visited dad's grave and placed some flowers there. I met a man who was visiting his late wife, buried just two graves down from dad. We had a chat and it felt reassuring to say things that I feel without fear of upsetting someone, or appearing miserable company. Mum doesn't really talk about dad, she just wants to get on with life and wait for time to disappear under her belt so it becomes easier.

Hugh and Freyja had a great day, full of fabulous presents and fun, for that I'm grateful. Tomorrow we are off to Mike's parents for the next couple of days, I'm looking forward to that as a welcome distraction.



A few days after dying, when driving to see my mum, a white stag jumped out in front of my car. It was absolutely beautiful and so meaningful to me, it was as though dad had sent it to bring me luck. I like this card for that reason

No comments:

Post a Comment