About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Thursday 10 December 2009

Christmas wreaths

Tonight Mike is off on his work Christmas 'do' so I had time this evening to knock up a couple of Christmassy wreaths. I plundered the hedges in the back garden. Fortunately this year the holly has berries at the right time, as previous years they've been in their prime in November. The silvery wreath is for our door and the other red one is for dad's grave. Mum will come over to babysit Freyja tomorrow as I'm off to the osteopath about my pelvis, she can take the wreath and put it on his grave over the weekend. I just want to cheer it up a bit as there is a predator eating all our flowers there!

In progress:


I had hydrangeas in my wedding bouquet, I'm still really liking them, I have a few dead head on the bush in my garden, here I have sprayed them a bit silver.





The finished result:





Wreath for dad:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment