About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 18 September 2011

September tidy


I've been continuing to try to regain some control over the plot since it went awol in July and August. I cannot believe how much grass, docks and dandelions have taken over already. This spring just passed, I was cursing myself for not having tidied up the plot the previous autumn, then in Jan/Fed the ground was solid and the clods attached to the weeds were heavy and a chore to separate. So I'm trying to be sensible and get some done now. I even had a little help!




and at the end of it all, a healthy pile of matter for the compost heap!


No comments:

Post a Comment