About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 18 September 2011

Mellow fruitfulness

I couldn't resist taking some photos of my Egrement Russet apples, they looks so, well autumnal in their orangy brown jackets.


An acer my dad kept in a pot on the decking area, it's leaves are just tinged with red, soon it will bleed all over the leaf.


Some climbing Jasmine leaves, also ready for autumn


and who could talk about autumn without mentioning a blackberry, this one is poking through the fence at our back boundary in the garden, usually considered a pest, in autumn it becomes very welcome bearing fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment