About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 9 October 2011

Plot Views October

I've been very organised this year, and continued to clear weeds and plant in new ground freed up by old crops, such as planting leeks where my new potatoes were. This was tricky as the leeks could have really gone in sooner, but fortunately this year we have had a mild autumn so far, so they've had a good chance to get growing. You can see the gradual decline generally from last month though.



I have taken a risk and moved the ailing red sprout plants over to this side where the other ones are doing really well. I know you shouldn't move sprouts but they looked so feeble anyway, I thought I might have nothing to loose! (unfortunately the weaker plants are hiding behind the big vigorous ones to the left,so you can't see them)


My 29 leeks, the ones which have survived the slugs



October on the plot this year


...and October last year

No comments:

Post a Comment